compensation: Competitive wage based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position: Breakfast Chef
• A strong background in culinary arts at a five-diamond level.
• 5 years of experience in similar role
• Advanced Food Safe certificate, WHMIS 2016
• Red Seal is preferred
• A positive team player attitude.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to pass a fit for work test.
• Preparation and execution of daily meal plan for both staff and guests.
• Responsible for the set-up and breakdown of breakfast service for guests & staff.
• Responsible for Burger Boat Service every Monday and Friday.
• Must contribute to preparation of at least 2 desserts for night service.
• Must provide support to Pastry Chef & Staff Chef when applicable.
• Exceed guest expectations by providing exceptional customer service, and quality of product and presentation to Peregrine’s high standards.
• Able to multitask, meet deadlines and utilize time effectively.
• Able to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment at all times.
• Must inspect, record, update and communicate temperatures (fridges/freezers/holding vessels/ cooling of products), cleaning and execution check lists, wastage, inventory levels, and grocery orders daily.
• Must be effective at yield and waste management, and cost control.
• Responsible for the maintenance and safety of the kitchen and the equipment.
• Report to the Chef/Sous Chef any issues concerning guests and/or staff members, malfunctions of equipment or any other deficiencies.
• Must handle allergies, diet restrictions and guest preferences with the upmost care, ensuring to not cross contaminate. (Allergies will be communicated ahead of time by Chef)
• Method of Compensation: Direct Deposit
• Competitive wage
• Hours: Regular days: 2:30am – 12:30pm / Mon. & Fri. 3:30am – 3:30pm (Burger Boat)
• Duration is from June – September, 2020.
• Accommodation (Private rooms)/ Staff Meals: Included
• Cost of transportation from Vancouver to the lodge: Included (pending full term employment)
• Fishing Perks: You will have an opportunity to experience fishing in some of the most epic spots in the North Pacific.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers