QR Code Link to This Post
• A strong background in culinary arts.
• 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Advanced Food Safe certificate, WHMIS 2016
• Red Seal is preferred
• A positive team player attitude.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to pass a fit for work test.
• Prepare and package guest’s lunch orders (ready for pick up during breakfast service).
• Prepare and package guest’s snack packs.
• Preparation of daily soups, staff lunch & Dinner Meal Plan.
• Responsible for pulling frozen product ahead of time in meal planning.
• Responsible for communicating staff meal instructions to day shift 1st Cook.
• Preparation of Burger Boat mise en place (Must be ready prior to Mondays & Fridays).
• Assist the Pastry Chef when asked and Breakfast Chef during Breakfast service.
• Able to multitask, meet deadlines and utilize time effectively.
• Able to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment at all times.
• Must inspect, record, update and communicate temperatures (fridges/freezers/holding vessels/ cooling of products), cleaning and execution check lists, wastage, inventory levels, and grocery orders daily.
• Must be effective at yield and waste management, and cost control.
• Responsible for the maintenance and safety of the kitchen and the equipment.
• Report to the Chef any issues concerning guests and/or staff members, malfunctions of equipment or any other deficiencies.
• Must handle allergies and the diet restrictions of guests and staff members with the upmost care, ensuring to not cross contaminate. (Allergies will be communicated ahead of time by the Chef)
• Method of Compensation: Direct Deposit
• Hours of Work: 10:00pm – 10:00am.
• Duration is from June – September, 2020.
• Accommodation (Private rooms)/ Staff Meals: Included
• Cost of transportation from Vancouver to the lodge: Included
• Fishing Perks: You will have an opportunity to experience fishing in some of the most epic spots in the North Pacific.