QR Code Link to This Post
Company Overview: Universal Builders Supply (UBS) Canada, ULC is a trusted industrial partner that is dedicated to providing safe, reliable and innovative solutions of the highest quality. We are locally owned and operated in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Our focus on people and relationships, and our uncompromising commitment to health and safety, allows us to acquire some of the best talent in the industry.
Job Overview: The role of Ironworker Structural Foreman will work with, and lead, a small crew of Ironworkers at various Oil Sands Sites around Fort McMurray and the regional municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Reports To: The IW/Structural Foreman will report to the Project Manager or Project Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and be a part of the field execution team of Ironworkers on various structural projects.
- This is a working Foreman role and includes time on tools as required to support the execution of each project.
- Ensure company EHS and administrative activities are completed as required including completion of work permits, daily toolbox talks, daily timesheets, field observations, etc.
- Assist with planning and preparation of processes, procedures, safety documentation, workface planning requirements in the days leading up to field execution, as may be required,
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
- Erect and install structural steel systems
- Unload and stack materials so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Position steel members, align holes, and bolt/impact accordingly.
- Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials.
- Work with and signal cranes/heavy equipment.
- Assist with shop and/or field fabrication/installation of structural steel and related materials
- Interface with Clients and other key stakeholders as may be required on projects and represent UBS Canada in a professional manner.
- Assist and support the management team, as may be required in day-to-day activities.
- CWB welding certification is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Must possess a Journeyperson Ironworker ticket and have previous Foreman experience.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to work with minimal direction and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- Diligently adhere to all relevant OH&S requirements and ensure in-house safety regulations are complied with.
- Must be a strong team player and have the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and contribute to our positive environment.
- OSSA BSO or Common Safety Orientation (CSO) Certification.
- All employees in safety sensitive positions are subject to Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol testing as per UBS Canada’s and Customer’s, Drug and Alcohol policies which may include random testing, testing for cause, re-qualification testing, post incident and return to work testing.
- Project Location: Oil Sands facilities within the RMWB.
- Local: Applicants MUST be a resident of Fort McMurray and/or Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo or be willing to become a resident.
- Shift – To be determined based on location and project.